This two-day course will help you understand the Snow system architecture and dataflow to enable you to configure, manage and monitor your installation of Snow Inventory Server and Snow License Manager, and provide you with troubleshooting techniques. You will understand common configuration options for different Snow components to meet specific customer requirements and optimize system performance.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to perform initial troubleshooting of the Snow system and collect relevant information prior to contacting Snow support. Additionally, you will be able to monitor the Snow system health and status to avoid system downtime and to proactively identify needs for system upgrades and resizing. This course does not cover installation of the Snow components.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for partners only and best suited for technical platform administrators responsible for system configuration, technical troubleshooting, and server maintenance of existing installations.
Participants are required to have completed the following courses before being accepted onto the Snow Base Technology Engineer.
- Snow Atlas Platform Essentials or Snow Platform Essentials
- Snow Atlas Platform Foundation or Snow Platform Foundation
- Snow Inventory Administrator
- SAM on Snow Atlas Administrators for Partners
- Snow License Manager Installation & New Customer Onboarding
- SnowMACC Administrator
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Snow Inventory Agent for Windows by updating the configuration file, using command line options and perform connectivity troubleshooting
- Apply Cloud application metering and implement browser specific settings
- Deploy the Oracle Scanner and perform troubleshooting
- Install Snow Agent for Linux and implement performance optimizations
- Extract and modify the Inventory Server Service module configuration
- Recognize computer identity issues and set up Hostname Only exclusions
- Implement customer site name and configuration name standards
- Configure key settings for Snow License Manager
- Manage the Data Update job, retrieve relevant logs and analyze the job result
- Use offline updates with Snow Update Service and perform troubleshooting
- Plan for database migration between SQL-servers
- Plan for database performance and implement Index maintenance
Snow Base Technology Engineer Course is currently offered as Instructor Led Remote Training via Zoom.
Enroll in this course
You can view instructor led training dates by clicking on the button below. If you wish to enroll in this instructor led course a Snow Academy account and a valid purchase order is required.
No purchase order? Contact your Snow Partner Business Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.