Snow positioned furthest to the right for completeness of vision and highest for ability to execute
Stockholm and Austin, Texas – July 23, 2020 – Snow Software, the global leader in technology intelligence, today announced that it was recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Tools1. This is the third year in a row that Snow has been named a Leader. Gartner’s latest report positions Snow highest for ability to execute and furthest to the right for completeness of vision.
“We are delighted to be recognized once again as a Leader by Gartner,” said Vishal Rao, President and CEO at Snow. “Tectonic shifts in the global economy have elevated the need for organizations to minimize expenses, optimize costs and better understand the value of their technology. At the same time, complex hybrid environments are presenting new challenges when it comes to managing technology. That is why Snow has brought together software asset management, SaaS management and cloud management into a single platform, empowering our customers with the perspective they need to make strategic decisions and deliver unparalleled value.”
Snow’s software asset management technologies, Snow Inventory and License Manager (SLM), are the foundation for its technology intelligence platform. SLM provides a comprehensive view of the software, cloud and hardware assets being used across the entire organization. IT and business leaders get the actionable insights they need to control costs, counter audits, maintain compliance, minimize risk and enable employees.
To ensure IT teams remain agile in today’s climate of rapid change and increased complexity, the Snow platform offers expansive capabilities such as:
- Discover and inventory all technology. Snow’s Adoption Tracker uses the power of SLM to help organizations discover and inventory their technology including traditional on-premises software like Citrix and Autodesk, SaaS applications like Salesforce and Adobe, and cloud services like AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. The Snow platform can discover technologies through agent, agent-less and API integrations, with millions of new data points coming into Snow every day.
- Manage and optimize spend. With Snow’s Spend Optimizer, organizations can understand how much is being spent on technology and optimize that spend accordingly.
- Automate manual processes. With Snow’s Productivity Optimizer, IT leaders can automate requests for software and applications, creating a self-service resource for employees while maintaining license compliance.
- Identify and prioritize risk. Snow’s Risk Monitor provides a complete view of software containing personally identifiable information and known vulnerabilities, minimizing potential cybersecurity risks and regulatory fines.
- Enhanced support for enterprise applications. The Snow platform cuts through the complexity of enterprise systems like Oracle, SAP, IBM and Microsoft with advanced capabilities that address the nuances of each vendors’ offerings and licensing models.
- Integration with IT service management (ITSM) platforms. The Snow platform integrates with popular ITSM tools like ServiceNow and BMC to enhance asset data quality and provide seamless experiences for IT operations.
Earlier this year, Snow Software-Embotics was named a Leader in the February 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Management Platforms2 for the second year in a row. In 2019, Snow Software was also named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice in Software Asset Management Tools for the third time.
1 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Tools” by Ryan Stefani. July 20, 2020.
2 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Management Platforms” by Dennis Smith, Sanjit Ganguli, Padraig Byrne. February 13, 2020. Snow was positioned as Snow Software-Embotics.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
About Snow Software
Snow Software is changing the way organizations understand and manage their technology consumption. Our technology intelligence platform provides comprehensive visibility and contextual insight across software, SaaS, hardware and cloud. With Snow, IT leaders can effectively optimize resources, enhance performance and enable operational agility in a hybrid world. To learn more, visit www.snowsoftware.com.
For the latest information about Snow, please visit:
+1 615 498 9650