Expanded API Capabilities
We have continued to build out our REST API capabilities to enable new and deeper integrations.
- High availability REST and messaging API for querying: contracts, users, computers, custom-objects, mobile devices, and licenses
- Ability to use API data in PowerBI or other business intelligence applications for in-depth analysis and sharing within your organization
- Authenticated and authorized access to API endpoints enables administrators to better manage and stay secure by assigning user-specific permissions
Self-Service Agent Creation
Snow customers can now save time and move faster while gaining more control of their agent configurations.
- Create and configure inventory agent packages in a self-service portal
- Eliminate the dependency upon Snow Support to create new agent packages
- Gain greater control over the process and end-to-end delivery time
IT Service Management Connectors: Continuous Improvements
Also new in December are incremental product improvements, modernization, performance, and user experience improvements (including to back-end technologies such as our ITSM connectors).
Snow integration: BMC Helix for enhanced Service Desk team performance
- BMC Helix ITSM connector
- Expanded attributes are now available (Category, Type, Item)
- Better data control through a new operation system filter
- Enhanced data aggregation flow from expanded timeout parameters
- BMC Helix Remedyforce connector
- More intuitive aggregation date by using latest device scan date
- Improved data aggregation stability via expanded timeout settings
- Enhanced logging: data aggregation statistics now gathered
Managing Risk: Identify “Known Exploited” Vulnerabilities
Snow Risk Monitor’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities (KEV) catalog integration now gives you even more control in handling critical vulnerabilities in your IT landscape.
- Activating this one-click filter allows you to pinpoint all vulnerabilities in your IT environment that have already been exploited across the globe.
- The KEV catalog—currently including 850+ entries—is continuously updated by the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
- Combine the exploited and critical vulnerability filters to identify the highest risk items in your IT landscape.
Be sure to check out our recent What’s New at Snow Software video featuring Risk Monitor detailing how to prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities.
Hybrid Cloud Management
Snow Commander’s new features and enhancements simplify hybrid cloud management for IT teams.
Enhance business agility, oversight, and efficiency
- Report Authorization option restricts report access to authorized users only.
- Build more powerful integrations with new REST API enhancements including capabilities such as:
- Create/configure rightsizing groups
- Manage custom attributes
- Store/retrieve credentials
- Retrieve change request definitions
Leverage additional flexibility with custom attributes on an organization
- Custom attributes now provide additional flexibility by allowing users to define organization-related metadata and assign them to workflows.
- Query organization metadata by setting appropriate filters.
Monitor and reduce Microsoft®Azure spending
- Generate an Azure reserved instances (RI) recommendations report by one- or three-year intervals to help monitor and reduce spending.
- Configure reports to include a generation schedule, scope of provided cloud account regions, and a display of supported currencies.
Be sure to check out our recent What’s New at Snow Software video featuring Snow Commander detailing new features.
Configuration Improvements for Oracle® Inventory
Two recent enhancements have been made to our Oracle® Inventory scanning capability for custom environments.
- DBA group name configuration: In response to an enhancement request from our customers, we’ve made it possible to configure the name of the dba group in the newly introduced sios.config file. Sometimes for security reasons, customers will use a different dba group name than the standard Oracle configuration.
- Scanner execution mode configuration: With some large enterprise customers, custom behavior changes the current working directory to a different operating system user. To account for these custom environments, we’ve added a new file – sios.config – to improve execution mode configuration.
For more information on Snow’s recent designation as a Oracle-certified vendor, watch this video.
New Adobe Creative Cloud User Views
The following Snow improvements for Adobe Creative Cloud provide more accurate and improved visibility to your subscription usage:
- Adobe user details page: The new user details page now provides a month over month graph of total, active and inactive users; a list of all users and their associated SaaS subscription plans, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Adobe user linking page: To reduce administrative time, we have made improvements in the UI to easily connect your known Adobe portal users to any discovered, yet unlinked Snow License Manager user accounts. Administrators can insert the username they wish to link and may link multiple devices by separating each user with a comma.
Be sure to check out this video detailing Snow’s recent redesign of our Adobe Creative Cloud management solution.
We’re always posting updates on our latest innovations. You can follow Snow product updates on our blog and stay up-to-date on the latest Snow news on LinkedIn.
Not a customer yet? Schedule a demo of Snow to see the power of Technology Intelligence.