With the increasing focus on financial responsibility and the growing concern over rising cloud costs, CIOs are actively seeking customized solutions to regain control. Meanwhile, MSPs are facing tighter profit margins and heightened competition within their industry. As you look for ways to provide enhanced, value-added services to your customer organizations, here are a few reasons to consider incorporating Snow Cloud Cost into your offerings and a few questions to ask yourself along the way:
- You’ll have the first-mover advantage as a FinOps services provider.
- Can we become a centralized function to drive visibility, cross-functional cohesion and efficiency for our customers?
- Do we have a set of customers who are interested in driving more financial accountability and ownership across their organization?
- Can we expand on our toolkit that offers FinOps capabilities across the Inform-Optimize-Operate framework?
- Target more personas to add into your current mix.
- Can we become strategic advisors to many influential stakeholders within the customer organization to avoid displacement?
- Do we have an integrated and FinOps-led approach that diversifies and connects with senior executives, product owners, engineering, IT operations, procurement, and FinOps practitioners?
- Solidify your current position a partner of choice for your existing customers and new customers as they mature in their cloud journey.
- What do our customers and prospects have on the cloud horizon for the next two to three years and what more we can do for them?
- Develop your own cloud FinOps practice to drive success internally.
- What gaps can we identify?
- Do we have enough FinOps and cloud specialists?
- How can we leverage Snow’s team of global experts to help us in this area?
Finding the best solution requires focus on what will generate more revenue growth for your practice. Deliver packaged offers in these areas:
- Optimize resources and performance (server workloads and licensing) to deliver efficient cloud operations.
- Reduce costs from inefficient utilization or waste via savings recommendations.
- Forecast and manage reserved instances to lower total cost of ownership as well as fuel cloud service provider (CSP) vendor negotiation.
- Handle CSP discounting and pay bills to maximize cash flow.
- Customize dashboards based on functional needs to track and understand cloud spend.
Partners can easily deliver a range of managed services that leverage the power of Snow Cloud Cost’s insights and capabilities, as well as other Snow expertise to grow existing and new revenue streams:
FinOps services (New)
- FinOps as a service
- ITAM and FinOps workload infrastructure efficiency
- Change management
- FinOps training and certification
Cloud Cost visibility and efficiency
- Reservation modeling and management
- Billing rules implementation and cost allocation
- Business leader and stakeholder performance reporting
- Vendor negotiation
Infrastructure and governance
- Governance and policy
- Implement and configure cloud tooling
- Rearchitect cloud services to maximize efficiency
- Cloud health check
- Cloud maintenance and administrative support
- Cloud and containers license management
The current landscape presents a promising time for MSPs to step up and offer unique, tailored solutions to customer organizations. The pressures of financial accountability and escalating cloud costs have created a demand for innovative approaches like FinOps. By providing distinct, value-added services and addressing the specific needs of customers, MSPs can solidify their position as trusted partners in navigating the complexities of cloud management.
To learn more, you can download the complete Cloud Cost for MSPs guide or request a trial of Snow Cloud Cost.