Snow Proof of Concept
Quickly prove the value of Software Asset Management to stakeholders across the organization
To help build a strong business case for further investment in Software Asset Management (SAM), Snow offers a range of low-cost Proof of Concept (PoC) options that enable organizations to experience the tangible benefits that can be achieved through software license optimization.
PROOF OF CONCEPT EXAMPLE PROJECTS:
1. Identifying $3,000,000 in cost avoidance – during a PoC project, Snow helped a leading financial institution identify 20 versions of Adobe Acrobat on the network and address a potential $3m liability in deployed software. The organization went on to purchase the Snow SAM platform for 38,000 desktops and servers.
2. Reducing true-up costs by $200,000 - working with a packaged foods manufacturer in the US, Snow identified a potential overspend of over $200,000 due to the wrong editions of Microsoft Visio and Project being mistakenly deployed (most of which were not even being used).
3. Cutting the cost of SAP renewal by $4.5m – through a SAP licensing PoC with a world-famous fashion brand, Snow helped the customer identify over 12,000 obsolete licenses and enabled them to cut $4.5m from their contract renewal costs, providing an ROI of over $4m.
With a Snow Proof of Concept project, you get a fast and detailed snapshot of the software and license situation in your organization with tailored Software Asset Management reports showing:
- Software installation data & usage metrics
- Possible license savings available during PoC
- Further license savings available in year one with Snow