SAM is the best line of defense when it comes to licensing and compliance
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions within military defense and civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Through innovative, collaborative and pragmatic thinking, Saab develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs. Saab employs around 15000 staff across four continents in more than 40 countries; its IT estate covers more than 30,000 end points.
Based around organizational hubs in Sweden, South Africa, the USA and Australia with users all over the world, Saab needed a robust multiplatform SAM solution to manage software from many vendors, including specialist engineering and design application developers.
The automation of SAM processes was a key requirement to guarantee compliance and optimize licensing costs, slash the time it took to gather data due for audits and ensure consistency in Saab’s responses to software vendors.
- Full visibility of Saab’s software estate
- Significant cost avoidance and savings in time and money thanks to improved processes around unused software
- Excellent reporting which is shared with key stakeholders
- Ability to streamline the number of versions and applications for Windows migration
- Consolidation of information in one source improves how the IT teams work and interact
- Increased audit capability has driven significant savings and optimization of the IT estate.
Christian Björkly-Nordström, Global License Compliance Manager at Saab, explains how Saab is using the Snow SAM platform to both optimize licensing and provide management reports to key stakeholders across the business.
“Snow has made the difference; it’s helped us formalize the processes and achieve the business benefits of optimizing our estate.”
Christian Björkly-Nordström, Saab